We at Casa de Colores have made a commitment to conserve and protect Guanajuato’s natural resources by providing environmentally friendly accommodations.
• Raising awareness of sustainability in our guests and associates.
• Reducing our consumption of water and energy.
• Increasing our waste diversion rate through recycling and compost.
• Creating a culture of sustainability in the way we live, operate, and innovate.
We are taking the following actions
• Heating water through the use of solar energy.
• Using natural atrium daylight when possible.
• Using energy-efficient light bulbs.
• Eliminating disposable single-use plastic by providing water pitchers, reusable glasses, and mugs.
• Offering complimentary purified water so guests can refill their own containers.
• Recycling paper, toner cartridges, and paper.
• Using an energy- and-water efficient washing machine.
• Line-drying all linens when weather permits.
• Tracking and monitoring utility bills to identify areas of opportunity.
• Reducing energy and water usage through conservation and innovation.
We feel it prudent to use government-recommended disinfectants and cleaning products.
This hotel is a non-smoking facility, although smokers may enjoy the rooftop patio.